Monday, January 19, 2009

I could have died...

... right in the middle of Babies R Us.

We arrived at the new Toys R Us and Babies R Us in Jantzen Beach and I decided that Parker could be a "big boy" this time and ride in the shopping cart instead of his car seat. I plopped him in and gave him a couple of toys to play with. He was happy as a clam. We proceeded into the store and over to the thermometer section. I turned around to take a look at the ear thermometers and when I turned back around to the cart, Parker was all out LICKING and CHEWING on the cart bars/handle!! Immediately flashbacks of the NBC program I had just watched titled "1 Million Germs" came flying through my head. "Ninety percent of carts tested were positive for E. Coli, influenza and fecal matter!" Lovely. So I fought my urge to immediately seek out an employee to see if they had a first aid or medical facility in the store. I also put aside the thought of squirting hand sanitizer in my eight month old child's mouth, rubbing alcohol has to be safer than poop particles, right? Instead, I redirected my attention to the area of the store that has those shopping cart cover things.

Some may say that I was overreacting to the whole situation because he's my first child. I'm always getting moms telling me that I won't be so "freaked" once I have more than one. That's probably true in some cases, however, I can't imagine myself looking at any of my children and saying, "ah, how cute... does that dookie taste yummy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment