Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sportsmen's Show and other adventures

I haven't posted anything lately. We've been nursing ourselves back to health. Parker got his first cold, including a mild ear infection. I was very disappointed since he is breast fed and, in my mind, should be completely immune to that crap... oh well. At first I was feeling like a bad mom, "my milk is bad," I thought. Luckily we believe strongly in alternative medicine and he got better overnight.

Other than that we haven't been doing much. We did take Parker to the Pacific Northwest Sportsmen's Show... he LOVED it. Of course I dressed him in his camo so he got a lot of attention, which he greatly enjoys. I'm starting to realize how much of a social person he is, we really should get out of the house more often. While at the show a woman came up to the stroller, and without even looking at Jason or me, crouched down with a small dog and shoved the dog right in Parker's face and said, "oh, do you want to see the puppy!" I kind of yelled at her... who just walks up to an infant and puts a dog in his face without asking the parents if it's ok?! I was pretty irritated; I'm sure she thought I was a witch with a capital "B". Maybe she'll think twice next time... I mean, seriously lady.

We also took Parker on his first fishing trip, just to Daybreak Park. Jason didn't catch anything but Parker had a good time sitting and playing in the grass. At least we know he's not afraid to get dirty.


No comments:

Post a Comment