Friday, January 16, 2009

Background Information

I am new to blogging so bear with me. I've decided to start by giving a bit of background about how our family became a family, without too many dirty details, hehe.

Jason is 29, born in Vancouver and raised, for the most part, in Battle Ground. He graduated from Battle Ground HS in 1998. He has always enjoyed hunting and fishing and sometimes I wonder what is more important, family or the great outdoors. Of course his family is above all else; I only say that to explain how OBSESSED he is with his hobbies.

I (Lacey) am 25, born in the Seattle area and lived there until I was eight. My family then relocated to Oregon where we stayed until my dad's job relocated us to Battle Ground, WA. I was thirteen at the time and coming from an extremely small town, was thrown into quite a harsh reality. Thirteen is a tough age to begin with, but moving from a small town where literally everyone was friends (because you didn't have a choice, there weren't enough people to be picky) to a town and school that had cliques, judgemental eighth graders and snobby parents... it really hit hard. I think I immediately switched into survival mode, at that age, you either try to fit in or you get pushed to the wayside. I elaborate on this part of my life only because it had an extreme impact on who I am today. Throughout high school I was involved with volleyball, national honor society, ASB and newspaper. I had very strict parents which kept me out of trouble, when I wasn't sneaking out of the house. I graduated in 2001, immediately started massage school and was a career girl by age 19.

In 2005 Jason and I "met". I am putting that in quotations because we actually knew each other in high school. Jason's sister, Jessica, and I were friends so to me he was known only as Jessica's cute older brother. So, we reconnected at Dodge City (a bar/club in Vancouver) of all places. That is not a fact I usually make public, that I met my husband at a filthy bar where we dirty danced for hours, but here I am telling the world... apparently starting a blog is a sort of truth serum. We were inseparable after that. We never played that game, wait for a couple days to call each other back, etc. We were openly in "love" from the start and never went a day without being together. By August of 2006 we were engaged and in January 2007 we tied the knot. I was pregnant by July of 2007 and we had our son, Parker, in April of 2008.


We have never claimed to take it slow, it all happened very quickly. Some may say that it was too fast but we wouldn't change a thing. Everything is the way God intended it to be, and we couldn't feel more blessed. We try to live our lives devoted to God, as a strong Catholic I am always trying to improve that part of my life, and I have a long way to go. We strive for strong Christian values and will raise our son (and our future children) in such a way. We believe in protecting life with no exceptions, and protecting the values and morals that this country was founded on. I fear that this upcoming presidential inauguration is the beginning of our country's downfall... but that is an entirely different blog altogether.

1 comment: